Friday, September 6, 2013

Pretty Girlie Closet

Hello, friends!   Those of you returning, thank you so much!  If you've never been to my blog, welcome!  

Decorating a girl's room is so much fun.  There literally are options upon options to choose from.
This post is about how to create a girly-girl closet for your little princess.  

Sometimes when purchasing an older property, you will find that either
A)  The closet doors are terribly ugly, or
B)  They are completely non-existent. 

Here is my solution to the problem.  In a girls' room, it is a quick and easy fix.  You may simply hang curtains in lieu of purchasing new doors, and it actually looks much better.   

First, measure the space.  Once you have measured, choose a curtain rod with a length ample enough so that it is slightly longer than the space.  

Measure either side of the space so that you set the mounts evenly. Mount your rod. 

Once your rod is mounted, place your curtain. I have used a Cynthia Rowley fabric shower curtain here. I thought it was just adorable, and I loved the ruffled detail.  I was also fortunate enough that it matched the color scheme of the room.  Voilà!   The ruffles and scrolled rod mesh perfectly with the room, which has a French theme.  Utilizing a ruffly curtain creates a boudoir feel. 




If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.   You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison, a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 

Follow me on Pinterest!!  Please be sure to kindly follow the board guidelines, as it takes time and effort to find fabulous pins across the Internet and Pinterest!  Thank you!  

Thank you for stopping by! ❤

 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment